Joseph Trachtman, Esq., College 1922, and his wife Anne made a generous bequest to the University of Pennsylvania Library to support materials for undergraduates. Today their fund is valued at almost a million dollars.
Mr. Trachtman's law practice specialized in wills, trusts, and estates, and he was the author of Estate Planning, published by the Practicing Law Institute. He understood that bequests from individuals are critical in meeting Penn's educational and research needs.
The generosity of the Trachtmans, like that of so many Penn graduates, provides support for today's students, and tomorrow's at the Penn Libraries.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Teaching classics in english schools, 1500-1840.
- Transcultural encounters in South-Asian American women's fiction : Anita Desai, Kiran Desai and Jhumpa Lahiri
- Troubled legacies : heritage
- Russkai︠a︡ literatura v zerkalakh mirovoĭ kulʹtury : ret︠s︡ept︠s︡ii︠a︡, perevody, interpretat︠s︡ii
- Concerto for orchestra
- See additional titles purchased through this fund