A gift from Louise S. Wofsy, wife of Arthur Wofsy, Wharton 1937, started this fund in 1996. Mrs. Wofsy wrote that her husband would have liked the idea of a book fund, in keeping with the deep and abiding interest in the Library by members of the Class of 1937.
Funds such as this play an important role in the growth and success of the Penn Library, ensuring that the Library will be financially sound for generations to come.
Read more about the generosity of the Class of 1937.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Hamgarāyī-i Āsiyāyī : furṣatʹhā va tahdīdāt barā-yi Īrān
- Imām Khumaynī va mahār-i fitnah-yi Banī Ṣadr va munāfiqīn
- Jamali-Kamali : a tale of passion in Mughal India
- Makātīb-i Fārsī-i Ghazzālī : Faḍāʼil al-anām min rasāʼil Ḥujjat al-Islām ; bih inz̤imām-i Risālah-ʼi Farzandʹnāmah (Ayyuhā al-walad)
- Rama Janambhoomi: Prof. B.R. Grover's analysis of revenue records and historical facts,
- See additional titles purchased through this fund