Established in 1959 by a generous bequest from Dr. Charles Hartshorn Maxson, who was a professor of political science at the Wharton School for more than 25 years. His fund supports acquisitions in the field of political science and has increased five-fold since its founding.
Dr. Maxson and his wife Jane Hart Bloomingdale Maxson entertained many Penn students in their home on 47th Street during his career at the University, and it is fitting that they continue to touch Penn students through this fund.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Elections and exit polling [electronic resource]
- Five dollars and a pork chop sandwich : vote buying and the corruption of democracy
- Empire of fashion : dressing modern democracy
- Desperately seeking Europe
- Humanitarian needs assessment : the good enough guide : the Assessment Capacities Project and Emergency Capacity Building Project.
- See additional titles purchased through this fund