Paul M. Yeakel, Wharton B.S. 1960, has had a successful career as a broker. While still working full-time, he began graduate studies in History and earned his A.M. in 1997. A frequent and heavy user of the libraries, Paul established this fund in 1994 in memory of his parents, Dorothy Mann Yeakel and Paul Herbert Yeakel. The Yeakel Fund supports the acquisition of materials in the field of history.
Mr. Yeakel served as a valued member of the Library Board of Overseers from 1995 to 2001, also serving as chair of its Development Committee. His master's thesis, The Battle of the Bulge and the 291st Combat Engineer Battalion is available at Penn Libraries--along with the many materials acquired through the fund.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Pandora's box : the Council for Aboriginal Affairs 1967-1976
- Cumann na mBan and the Irish Revolution
- Fighting for Britain? : negotiating identities in Britain during the Second World War
- Brandstiftung in Europa!! der "Bruderkrieg" in der Ukraine : Essays und Notizen, April 2014 bis Februar 2015 : mit einem kurzen historischen Abriss
- Women workers and the trade unions
- See additional titles purchased through this fund