Established in 1971 from a trust founded by John and Margaret Marshall McClellan, this fund honors Emma Louise McClellan. This fund was created for the acquisition of materials in the field of physics and has grown five-fold since its founding.
Today's Penn students find not only books, but databases and wonderful electronic resources at the Math/Physics/Astronomy Library. The McClellan Fund is an important means for keeping these information sources current.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Data analysis in high energy physics : a practical guide to statistical methods
- Statistical data analysis for the physical sciences
- Course in field theory
- Friction-induced vibrations and self-organization : mechanics and non-equilibrium thermodynamics of sliding contact
- Gauge theories of the strong, weak, and electromagnetic interactions
- See additional titles purchased through this fund