Established in 1976, the Orville H. Bullitt Classics Fund provides for the Penn Library collection development in support of the University's classical studies program. Orville H. Bullitt, C'15, HON'70, was a student of the classics, and his fund allows the Library to acquire significant works on Greek and Roman literature, history, and philosophy.
Library staff note that faculty and students regularly report that they are well served by the Library's holdings in classical studies. The Bullitt Fund is critical in making this possible.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Bloomsbury Classics Collections [electronic resource]
- Cornerstone : the birth of the city in Mesopotamia
- Poems of Catullus : an annotated translation
- Space, geography, and politics in the early Roman Empire
- Tradition : transmission of culture in the ancient world
- See additional titles purchased through this fund