Universal Health Services (UHS) established this fund in 1999 to honor President Emeritus Martin Meyerson upon his retirement from their Board of Trustees. UHS is a respected health care management company, operating behavioral health facilities and acute care hospitals, and ambulatory surgery and radiation centers nationwide. UHS was founded in 1978 by Alan B. Miller, Wharton M.B.A. 1960.
The fund supports acquisitions for the Penn Biomedical Library.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Essential burn unit handbook [electronic resource]
- Cleft lip and palate management [electronic resource] : a comprehensive atlas
- Proactive support of labor [electronic resource] : the challenge of normal childbirth
- Esophageal cancer and Barrett's esophagus [electronic resource]
- Genetic disorders and the fetus [electronic resource] : diagnosis, prevention, and treatment
- Orphan : the quest to save children with rare genetic disorders
- See additional titles purchased through this fund