This fund was established in 1986 for the acquisition of zoological materials for the Biomedical Library. Rudolph Gustav Schmieder received his Penn Ph.D. in 1922; his dissertation was entitled, Tracheation of the wings of early larval instars of odonata anisoptera, with special reference to the development of the radius.
With today's exploding information resources, the cost of maintaining a research library in the medical sciences is high. Funds like this help the Penn Library meet the needs of our medical community.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Birds of North America online [electronic resource].
- Membranes of Cells [electronic resource]
- Plant-environment interaction [electronic resource] : responses and approaches to mitigate stress
- Genomics and society [electronic resource] : ethical, legal, cultural and socioeconomic implications
- Bioinformatics and functional genomics [electronic resource]
- See additional titles purchased through this fund