The Class of 1956 Computer Reference Center houses 32 workstations. This center fulfills the need for a third large computer lab in the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center. It is located in the Lippincott Library on the second floor.
The center is equipped with pentium level microcomputers for reference and self-directed research. It provides access to CD-ROM databases, microfiche and other microcomputer applications. Arranged in pinwheel fashion, the quad-grouped computer workstations are made of cherry with slate desktops in keeping with the style of other new desks and carrels that have been added as part of the complete renovation of the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center.
A plaque recognizes the Class leaders who made the gift possible:
THE CLASS OF 1956
COMPUTER REFERENCE CENTER
40th REUNION GIFT
A. Richard Gerber, President
Anthony P. Jannetta, Vice President & Fund Chair
Thomas M. Collins, Treasurer
John C.T. Alexander, Secretary
A. Frank Weidknecht, Corresponding Secretary
Marvin S. Brown, Fund Co-Chair
Mary Louise Gorman Denny, Reunion Committee
Myles D. Wilson, Reunion Committee